Trying out a different format for “Things I’m Loving Thursday.” Hope you all like it!
1. Homemade PolarBear Cupcakes. 2. 360 Cashmere Sweater. 3. Glass of Rose. 4. TheRopesMaine bracelet. 5. Essie Mod Squad Polish
1. JCrew pajamas (and yes I do have the matching top haha). 2. Lilly Pulitzer wine glass. 3. Isabel Harvey bangle.
So, today for “Things I’m Loving Thursday” I’ve decided to only focus on one “Thing I’m Loving This Thursday.” Earlier this week I came across an article in the Huffington Post entitled, “What Recovery From An Eating Disorder Is Really Like” by Noreena Sondhi Lewis. I am hugely grateful for this piece and Ms. Lewis really hit the nail on the head in describing the hardships ED sufferers face once they’ve chosen recovery. Deciding to let go of this disease is not all roses and daisies, but an extremely daunting journey filled with highs and lows.
I hope all of you will take a minute to read this article, which will help you better understand how eating disorders are mental health issues and have nothing to do with vanity.
Also I encourage all you to remember that recovery is a long and challenging process that can’t be rushed. So, whether you are suffering, or you are supporting someone with this disease, just try to be patient and recognize that even though it’s taking WAY longer than you’d like, happiness and a healthy life are attainable.
- Arm Candy: Pretty much every girl loves her bling and I am no exception. I must admit that I have a disgusting amount of jewelry (remember ladies and gentleman I am somewhat of a hoarder haha). So, I thought I would share with all of you some of my favorite “army candy” looks.
Made With Love recycled rubber bracelets, Shaw Jewelry cuff (courtesy of Mom’s jewelry box), and a Cartier Love Charity bracelet.
Tory’s rings and Van Cleef Alhambra bracelet.
Ropes Maine bracelet, Michael Kors watch, and Margaret Elizabeth ring.
Tory’s rings, Ropes Maine bracelet, Kate Spade bangle, and Michael Kors watch.
- “Hello Gorgeous” Light Fixture: Yesterday I ventured to Home Goods searching for a desk chair, but low and behold I couldn’t find a chair that tickled my fancy. However, shockingly, I did not come out of there empty handed haha. I left with this amazebalz light fixture and can’t wait to get it all set up! The office space is coming together 😉
- Gelato Fiasco Pomegranate Chocolate Chunk Sorbetto: Stumbling upon my all time favorite sorbetto from Gelato Fiasco, the delicious gelateria located in my college town, was fate and I have done some serious damage on this pint. I highly recommend it and will definitely be going back for more!
- Sippy Wine Cup: I really think that the reason why I choose this as one of my favorite things goes with out explanation…I mean come on how awesome and easy are these? I desperately want one of the monogrammed cups so I can officially have claims on one!
- Sissy Time: Very few relationships compare to that of the one you have with your sister. I am lucky to call this babe my twinkie and so thankful that I have her in my life. Since moving back home we both have been conscious about spending time together because we are on such different work schedules. I love her to the moon and truly appreciate all the effort she has put forth in our relationship. Love ya more 🙂
From this day forward I have decided to create a blog series called, “Things I’m Loving Thursday.” My ultimate goal with these reoccurring posts is to share with all of you my favorite things at a particular time. Whether it’s food, clothing pieces, words of wisdom, etc. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do! So, let’s celebrate today, the inauguration of “Things I’m Loving Thursday,” and I can’t wait to continue sharing everything that makes me smile 🙂
- My New Desk: Special shout out to to overstock.com for having this amazebalz corner desk, may I also add at a fantastic price, which will hopefully help me create the office space I am envisioning. I promise I’ll keep you guys posted on my progress 😉
- Wall Art: These two beautiful wood signs from Sweetwater & Co. a great store in my hometown, will also be a part of my office space. In my opinion there are few things better than inspirational wall art.
- Dunks Coffee: As a New England girl Dunkin Donuts will forever hold a special place in my heart. I’ve tried to be more adventurous with my coffee choices, but I always come back to Dunks! Britty’s running on Dunkin these days 🙂
- Lilly Skipper Popover: This summer I have been living in (and when I say living in I am not exaggerating) my Lilly Pulitzer Skipper Popover in “Lobstah Roll.”
I’m obsessed with the terry-towel material and it’s lightweight feel. This popover is beyond perfect for cool summer nights and a bonus is that I got it from Seaside Allure!
- BurnCycle Classes: I admit that I am one of those crazy people who actually looks forward to their workout, but this excitement is significantly heightened when I am going to one of Amy Livermore’s BurnCycle Spin Classes. Her high intensity workout along with the best pump up soundtracks i’ve ever heard keep me on my toes and rearing to go the entire 45 minutes. I highly recommend this class and promise you won’t be disappointed after it…it is one heck of a cardio workout.
- Dark Chocolate Almonds: As someone who struggles with disordered eating thoughts it has been difficult for me to figure out, as well as overcome fears, about how to incorporate “treats” into my diet. Dark chocolate almonds are one of the first sweets i’ve been comfortable eating and I am optimistic that from here on I will have the courage to expand my palette.
- Clava Monogram Handbag: I mean who doesn’t love a gorgeous monogram tote? This beautiful, and easy to clean, plastic bag from Clava is perfect for everyday use and I can’t even begin to tell you all how many compliments I’ve gotten on my tote. I got mine from tnuck.com and would love another one, but haven’t been able to choose yet because there are SO many options!