Mondays’ are always rough… and add in the doozy of a time change brought forth by daylight savings yesterday, it’s not surprising that getting out of bed this morning was one serious challenge. I mean it’s almost 3:00pm and I’m still having trouble getting over the fact that the week has just begun and the weekend is SO far away. So in order to remedy my case of the mondays I’ve decided to complete a few of the “10 ways to be happier in your own home” (http://headedsomewhere.com/2012/10/12/10-things/comment-page-1/)
This list includes:
1. Make your bed.
2. Bring every room back to “ready.” Taking a few minutes to de-clutter a room can truly reduce stress.
3. Display sentimental items around your home. Photographs of happier times can make any day better.
4. Start a 0ne-line-a-day gratitude journal. Or maybe an excited list of events you are looking forward to this week.
5. If you can’t get out of it, get into it. “If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Try to find enjoyment in chores and tasks that you have to complete.
6. Before you get up each morning, set an intent for the day. Like setting an intent during your yoga practice.
7. Do small favors for your housemates and expect nothing in return (not even a thank you!). “When you do good, you feel good.”
8. Call a friend or family member.
9. Spend money on things that cultivate experiences at home.
10. Spend a few minutes each day connecting with something greater than yourself.
I’m off to go complete a few of these tasks! Hopefully, not only will I feel happier about it being Monday, but I will also enjoy being in my home and feel like it is an escape from anything else that bothers me today. Let’s conquer this Monday!